Blue Flag is the sustainable environmental certification for beaches and marinas. In Trinidad and Tobago, Las Cuevas Beach is the only Blue Flag beach in the southern English-speaking Caribbean.
What does it mean to have a Blue Flag Beach or Marina?
- There is accessibility and facilities provided for disabled visitors
- Lifesaving equipment and/or lifeguards, and first aid are available
- The beaches have achieved excellent bathing water quality according to international and national standards and legislation
- The beaches comply with national guidelines or legislation concerning litter and waste management
- There is international recognition for the site and the country
- There is the possibility to integrate all aspects and involve all stakeholders
- It means the local communities can be involved in caring for their Blue Flag site and their environment